- Easy and simple to use - simply plug in the power adapter and USB cable
- Fast file transfers with SuperSpeed USB 3.0
- System Requirements : Windows 8, Windows 7 operating system. Compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0
- Drag and drop file saving for Windows, right out of the box
- Mac compatibility Requires reformatting. Reformatting the Drive will erase all content unless it is backed up to another Drive. Refer to application guide for guidance.
Simple add-on storage
The Seagate Expansion External hard drive by Seagate offers an easy-to-use solution when you need to add data storage to your computer instantly.
- Drag and drop file saving, right out of the box.
- Fast data transfer with USB 3.0 connectivity.
The easy-to-use storage solution
The Expansion external hard drive can be installed easily by plugging in two cords. Start saving your digital files to this hard drive within seconds of removing it from the box.
Adds storage capacity instantly
Digital photos, video and music files can tax your computer’s storage, causing performance to decline as its internal hard drive fills to capacity.
1. Photos based on a 10 megapixel camera producing images 5MB in size.
2. Songs based on average length of 4 minutes, 4MB size.
3. HD video based on 720p or 1080i video.
4. Blu-ray HD Movie was calculated at 16.2GB per hour recording rate.
Can be installed in seconds
Seagate Expansion External hard drive features make it easy to start using this drive within seconds of removing it from the box:
- Simply plug in the included power supply and USB cable.
- The hard drive is automatically recognized by the Windows operating system — no software to install and nothing to configure.
- Drag and drop to save files to the Expansion external hard drive.
- Built-in power management automatically ensures energy-efficient operation.
What's in the box?
Seagate Expansion external hard drive
USB 3.0 cable
Quick start guide
The Seagate expansion desktop drive provides extra storage for your ever-growing collection of files. Instantly add space for more files, consolidate all of your files to a single location, or free up space on your computer's internal drive to help improve performance. Setup is straightforward; simply plug in the included power supply and USB cable, and you are ready to go. It is automatically recognized by the Windows operating system, so there is no software to install and nothing to configure. Saving files is easy too-just drag-and-drop. Take advantage of the fast data transfer speeds with the USB 3.0 interface by connecting to a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port. USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 for additional system compatibility. System requirements: Windows 7 or higher, SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port (required for USB 3.0 transfer speeds or backwards compatible with USB 2.0 ports at USB 2.0 transfer speeds, compatibility may vary depending on the User's hardware configuration and operating system). box Contents: Seagate expansion drive, 4-foot (120cm) USB 3.0 cable, power adapter and quick start guide. Storage space may vary slightly as : 7.27 TB